Meet Unilag Best Graduating Student

The overall best graduating student of the
University of Lagos, UNILAG, Akoka, Lagos,
western Nigeria, Korede Akinpelumi, has revealed
how the death of his father in his final semester
on campus spurred him to academic greatness.
The 21-year old Chemical Engineering graduate,
who had a total of 4.96 Cumulative Point Grade
Average, CGPA, told P.M.NEWS in an interview,
that he lost his father midway into his final exams
in school.
Akinpelumi stated that the tragedy did not deter
him from continuing with his quest to excell
academically.
He said rathe it propelled him to ensure that he
finished on a high.
"I had always known that I would do well in the
tertiary institution because I was the best student
at the International School, Lagos, ISL, and
expectations had been high when I got here.
"In my second year here, I was already on a 5.0 so
I thought I just needed to do a little more to end
my first degree as one of the best placed students.
"However, I lost my dad in August last year,
midway into my final exams. It was the most
challenging period for me throughout my stay in
UNILAG because he had such a huge influence on
my academic quest.
"So, for me to still come out with a 5.0 grade that
semester, despite the challenges, it was just God.
That was the defining moment for me at the
University of Lagos."
Asked what he will do with his really impressive
grades, the second of his parents' three children,
stated that he was not thinking about what comes
next. Instead, he is looking forward to how he will
handle what comes after graduating.
"I am really not bothered about the next thing that
happens. I am only particular about how I respond
to what comes next. Quite a number of offers have
come already and I am just trusting God to know
which of them I should accept.
"I would not like to mention names now, but offers
from institutions and companies of repute have
come. So, I am just seeking God's guidance to
know which one to go for.
"About two to three companies have already
shown interest in me to work with them," he said.
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/30/best-
unilag-graduating-student-my-dads-death-propelled-
me/
Thanks For You Reading The Post We are very happy for you to come to our site. Our Website Domain name http://gurusfanz.blogspot.com/.
Newer Posts Newer Posts Older Posts Older Posts

1 comment

Your comments are appreciated and are not moderated, feel free to say your mind. Thanks for your visit.
Subscribe to my BBM Channel PIN:530BE061 to get my updates on your BBM.
  1. ARE YOU SEEKING ADMISSION INTO UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS OR YOU NEED ANY ASISTANCE YOU CAN CONTACT MR OLAWALE FOR HELP 08164509114
    THANKS

    ReplyDelete