I Sold My Baby Because I Was Poor - Mother





A 20 year old girl Maria Ekanem has confessed to police that she sold her two weeks old baby girl for N20, 000 because of poverty.
Vanguard reports that Maria who was from Odukpani local government area of Cross Rivers state said on Thursday, October 29 that her boyfriend who was responsible for the pregnancy had earlier asked her to undergo an abortion .
She said: “When I was pregnant I almost aborted the child but I summoned courage and delivered the baby but after giving birth there was no money and I approached one Dr. Okokon for financial help to buy food and feed the family.
READ ALSO:
“Later Dr Okokon directed me to hand over the baby to Matron Eno, who runs a private clinic and it was while doing the exchange that the Police came and arrested us, I am innocent.”
She was paraded by the police alongside Dir. Okokon Offiong Okoho, who owned Evangel Clinic, a 70 year old matron of Sadatoe maternity and a nurse at the maternity.
The police got wind of the ploy after Maria Elemi whose parents housed Maria informed them of the sale.
“When I came back from school on Monday, Maria told me she wanted to take the baby to the parents of the boy who impregnated her since she can no longer cope with taking care of the baby,” she said.
She said Maria handed the baby to the matron who gave the baby to a buyer and was paid N20, 000.
“The woman gave Maria N20,000 and asked her to pay the nurse at the Evangel Clinic and use the rest for herself.”
She said when the driver informed the buyer that they were going to the airport to pick a flight to Abuja, she became suspicious.




“I started wondering why they should take the girl to the airport when the boyfriend to Maria and her parents live here in Calabar,”
READ ALSO:
John Eluu, the public relations officer of the state police command said police detectives went into action as soon as they got the information and apprehended the suspects.
One week ago,




Thanks For You Reading The Post We are very happy for you to come to our site. Our Website Domain name http://gurusfanz.blogspot.com/.
Newer Posts Newer Posts Older Posts Older Posts

More posts

Comments

Post a Comment